Friday, February 20, 2004

Murs, why?

Hmmm, read this link first. He really does seem to be pulling a Defari with those type of lyrics. Sure, some of that can be taken different ways, but damn. I would have a hard time hating his new album, but I really don't want to listen to that. Now, on the other hand, it pissed me off when I heard other white hip-hop fans questioning Mos Def's song "Rock n Roll" about the true black origins of rock music. But Mos wasn't defaming his fanbase, but trying to inform people, kinda like PE did back in the day, that rock 'n roll really is originally a black music. Murs' lyrics, though based in some facts and some frustration I'm sure, are really not educating anyone, just exhibiting his bitching. So I hope some sort of explanation or something comes out about this, but I doubt it. Dammit, I really don't want to hate Murs!!!

No comments: