Wednesday, August 11, 2004

Muchas Gracias

Yes indeed, thanks to all the fine folks that caught my second appearance spinning them old-timey musical plates at the Ravari Room with the always awesome Wicked Lung & the Wookalar last night. Individual thank yas to: Emily (gotta list blood relations first), Julie, Andy, Ashley, Amy, Allison, Jason, Lee, Franz, Adam, Kehn, Chops & Mandy (sorry bout the timing, y'all), Ben Oliver, Val (nice to talk to her again, hopefully her Ravari debut is just around the corner), Amy's sister and a friend of hers that I swear I went to elementary or middle school with, Tim Fulton and Jenny Taylor, Antoine from Monster Movies (boo hoo hoo)/River of Wine (hooray!), and, of course, the pretty funny comedian guy. Man, that list of people I knew that were at the bar last night was alot longer than the last time, look out world, here I come (armed with crazy recognition of faces)! I think we all had a good time. I played alot of records, but let's face it, the big crowd pleasers were Cosby, the Cars, Deep Purple, and Baby Mama. Major points to Val for being the only person to catch the cover of the Human League's "Don't You Want Me" by Fast 3. Some random guy was really into "Plug Me In" by the Lost Boyz, so I guess Dave's spirit lives on. Assuming the guys keep the night (keep going on Tuesdays, everybody!), I think this will probably happen again soon. Huzzah!

Eh, writing's for schmucks. You know the show tomorrow, you know the haps for the weekend, you know the drill! Moe Bandy, bitches!

No comments: